Thursday, April 05, 2007

Memories of Monroe from Ann-Margret 1985


Ann-Margret gets all choked up at her festival tribute responding to a question about whether she'd ever met Marilyn Monroe. She had, she replies, briefly when Ann-Margret's career was on the ascendancy and Monroe was making what would be her last movie, "The Misfits."

"I always thought it was such a tragedy that she didn't receive the respect that she needed to prove to herself that she could act when she was alive. She finally got it posthumously, but people were so unkind to her when she was alive," says Ann-Margret, who went through a blond-bombshell period herself before receiving recognition for her acting in the form of Oscar nominations for "Carnal Knowledge" and "Tommy." Unlike Monroe, for whom her sexuality finally became too much of a burden, Ann-Margret tells the crowd that at 43 she still likes being thought of as sexy."If a man comes up to me and he thinks I'm a very sensuous woman, I'm very flattered. When I started making movies in 1961, the studio decided to exploit the animal part of me. I'm really thankful for that fact. I'm not at all bitter."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home