Sunday, July 16, 2006

Elizabeth Taylor and Eddie Fisher





Eddie Fisher on exactly what it was like to live with Elizabeth Taylor: "She was drinking and taking pills and passing out. She was constantly passing out. It was just awful; not awful enough to make me miss my life with Debbie, but awful."
Once when he threatened to leave, Taylor swallowed an entire bottle of Seconol. "I tried to stay calm," Fisher writes, "although it's hard to stay calm when foam is coming out of your wife's mouth." Another time, he dared to venture the opinion that she should do something about her addictions. "Elizabeth, what would you think about going to see a psychiatrist?" he asked.
"As it turned out, not very much," Fisher recalls. "She erupted. She started screaming at me ... She got out of bed, totally naked, and ran down the stairs. I ran right after her. She got into her Cadillac and turned on the engine. It was crazy, this hysterical naked woman trying to drive while I ran alongside the car, holding on to her door. I was begging her to stop, telling her, 'It's not you, it's me. I'll go to the psychiatrist. I'll go, I'll go, it's me ...'" from the book, Eddie Fisher "Been There, Done That."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home